Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Singapore

So here I am blogging about this long post about our honeymoon trip to Sg using my IPad. Not as convenient as my laptop though, still a lot of getting used to.

The trip to Sg was a very spontaneous plan. But I have been waiting to go Universal studios with my main reason of checking out if any 3D job was required there. Even though most of you might know that I am currently running a small home-based baking business, my main line is still in 3D be it cartoon, entertainment or architectural animations. At the same time I was trying my luck if I could get some special equipment for baking, sculpting and cake displays which I couldn't get my hands on in kch or online.

However, we ended up there having heaps of fun, and I must say, lots of good food!


This is a picture of Ronald at the Emperal Jade restaurant located at Mount Faber. It so happens that my aunt Jessie was working at the cabel car company there called The Jewel Box. Not many will actually explore their way all the way up there. It is actually a must go!


The view from our cabel car. Awesome view. If you're lucky sometimes u might even catch Starcruise passing by. From that angle u can see the swimming pools, etc. What's better about the cabel car is that you get to see Singapore's award winning toilet!

And better yet, have sky dining in the cable car itself. It actually looks like fine dining with a couple sitting inside s cable car. Well, in fact, it is. We didn't get to do that though because we were quite short of time. We did our own version of sky dining at Emperor Jade and then went to Moon Rock for the awesome view.








The award winning toilet.




We headed to Sentosa to catch the Crane show, its very majestic I must say, with animations indicating how the cranes fell in love with each other.



Lake of dreams. Later into the night, there was this fantasy fire show there.




Universal Studios, Singapore.
Far Far Away.
Booked a room at Hotel Michael that costs us
$420 a night,
ouch!
thats like RM1008 per night~!

Found out that the only Victoria's Secret outlet in the entire Sg was in Universal too.
So I figured I just gotta get my hands on them.



Candilicious.
Crystal tagged along.
Thats my baby cousin, whom I found very intimidated by,
although she's so young, but she's a genius!
Her level of intelligence is not by far like a normal young kid.




Steven Spielberg's effects room.


The Mummy Returns ride,
we were in the pyramids.
Cool animation.
Just like the movie.


Sorry the photos are a little jumbled up.
Queuing up for the Madagascar ride.





Not many know that Ronald is also a reptile lover, especially snakes.
His cousin owns a snake breeding farm, from there it generates his interests with reptiles,
piranha's, goliath, dangerous creatures, anything, you name it. He's in love with them.
Thank God I'm not afraid of snakes.



Marilyn Monroe




Outside the pyramids.
This dude never smile.
Like seriously.



Waterworld stunt show.
The crew.



Betty boob?
bob?
I don't know.



Shrek!
We went there and Fiona said, let's make the kungfu pose!



Puss in Boots.




OMG seriously!
This is the best tasting popcorns ever.
Garretts.
Chicago Mix.





Our trip to Singapore was planned few days before, so it was pretty last minute.
We spent so much time in Universal, Resort world and Sentosa that we barely had time to do shopping, etc.

Ended up at Orchard as usual, and Ronald was complaining on how his legs were hurting, etc,
until I decided to stop by for food.
The gleam on his face was indescribable.

MACAROONS!



Blackforest to a whole new level.




In Paragon and I was mesmerized by them because they had such beautiful voices, and they were also singing my favorite song, Girl from Ipanema.




and then... suddenly,
Ronald decided to do the most spontaneous thing ever.
We had a quick jump into Tiffany's and he picked out a lovely Tiffany necklace for me.



I think I've tried ALL the macaroons available in the entire Orchard.
I must say, the one from TWG tea is the best though,
their flavors we're so intense but not overpowering,
and the colors even look too good to be eaten!



so after the entire day of shopping we headed to Clarke Quay for drinks,
I'm not a beer drinker and I am sure not a big fan of it,
however I love Hoegaarden so we headed to Seven Inch for that.



Met up with Edward too.


Finally, home!
Things I've purchased.


Before I flew back home I bumped into this small tiny bakery that sells designer cakes and cupcakes too, and found out that the bakery doesn't actually sell any ready cupcakes or cakes, instead the bakery is only there to take customers orders from Orchard and it looks like its doing quite well.



Awfully chocolate.
Awfully tasty.
Too much chocolate mousse for me.
I literally died of chocolate overdose.


Hannamochi.
I think its mochi, but these are so creative!


I have more photos but I just got a bit lazy to upload em all, and it's gonna be an unending post if I do.

Our next trip will be to Bangkok, KL, Langkawi, Sabah, Brunei and back to Perth!

<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment