Sunday, March 27, 2011

My 23rd Birthday



So finally, the day came that I had no choice but to swallow the fact that I turned 23.
Time flies so quickly.
Before u know it we're already working, getting a house, growing babies, having grandchildren...





Ok.
Back to the topic.
For the entire week,
I was completely clueless on my birthday plans.
Not that I was expecting something extravagant,
I hoped for something simple.
I was so busy with everything that I completely forgot about my own birthday
until Mr Ong wished me on the stroke of midnight.

He came and pick me for dinner later in the evening.
Headed for dinner at Rakutei.
Greeted by some unexpected loved ones.



Dinner was great.
Everything was fresh and up to standard.
Salmon sushi.


Tuna.
Fresh and red.



Mixed sashimi.


Unagi.
It was still hot and had bits of crunch on the sides.


Dinner table.
What we had could have been used to feed maybe 4 fully grown cows.


More more more!
I felt like a bloated fat pig after dinner.





and then,
my dearest Chu Ying gave me my first present.
(well not exactly the first- the first was from my two 'sets' of foster parents, but as a friend on my birthday night, yes she's the first!)

I remembered commenting on her apple gemstone pendant she wore around her neck.
I thought it was very pretty.
And then when I opened the HOJB box,
TADA!
was surprised to the max.
Mouth gap wide open.
She got me the exact same one!
She said 'now u'll be wearing the same one as I do'.




before I could thank her enough, she asked me to dig deeper.
Then I opened another box of double wrapped present.
TADA!
My extended biotherm products, a whole new set!
(I have not even used a quarter of the first set that Mr Ong gave me for Valentines)
and then she said
'now u will use the exact one like mine as well'.
HAHA!
How can u not be so grateful for such thoughtful friends?
and then, Mr Ong presented me with my birthday present.
I was surprised to the max.
As a perfume collector,
sometimes I really find it hard to get those limited edition perfumes.
Mr Ong of all people also knew that my favorite perfumes would be the limited edition kind, and anyone with a very unique bottle design.
He presented me with the LATEST, NEWEST,
Honeymoon Babydoll set by Yves Saint Laurent!
The first in Kuching to get it!
I'm so grateful!
(a little bit annoyed already though because I told him not to spend so much this time round)
Photos of this later!




After dinner, we headed to Senso Hilton,
not for alcohol consumption purposes,
but for coffee, tea and chit chat.

A lot of people has been texting me asking whats my birthday cake this year,
whether or not Im making my own cake,
who's my cake designer, etc.
I told them
'Mr Ong is baking my cake this year'.
I was anticipating for it the entire week.

The girlies and I.


There you go!
My birthday cake!
Simple, primary school-like, pink and purple square fondant cake.
He baked me a Telgra Moist Chocolate cake!
It was very good!
I'm very impressed.
Honestly, this is the first time a man has ever baked for me.
How can the wifey not feel like the happiest woman on earth?

So I blew the 23rd birthday cake candle.
and of course, I wished and wished and wished.
Not for things but for the people I love.
and then...........




Mr Ong said,
"B, u sit here. I'm going out to order some drinks'.

He came in and said,
'B, this is your second present. I love you'
guess what the second present was?

Limited edition Nina Ricci Apple la Paradise
and
Limited edition Ricci Ricci Dancing Ribbon,
which is not even officially on Ricci Ricci's website yet!
again, I'm the first to proudly own Dancing Ribbon in the entire Kuching.

I can't help to jump for joy but at the same time a little bit curious and annoyed.
Curious on how he manage to get it here and the fact that he spent so much this time round!

It was later then I found out that he went on the Pro member of Nina Ricci's website n got the latest updates and manage to ship all the perfumes over.



My birthday presents this year.
Merlot Cab by Lav, Tupperware by Lus, Nina Ricci, Ricci Ricci, Ysl and Ferragamo by baby, Biotherm and HOJB by Ben and CY.

the angels.



melts*
I just have such soft spots for perfumes..
my baby's been nagging that I have too many perfumes and that I should stop.
But the funny thing is I did not even get them for myself anymore.
He is the one who get them for me.
I'm a bit confused.
This 3 bottles totalled up my perfume collections to a sum of 46 bottles.
Insanity.
I ran out of space in my drawer for perfumes that I had to stash them up into a box to keep in my mums room.
This year itself baby has already bought me 8 bottles.


Girl and Lav.


The perfume man.
I appreciate every single bit of everything.
I love u baby.
N I'm honoured to be yours.


I had a GREAT time.
But deep in me.. there is a missing spot.
Of all the people who wished me,
and as I go down the list,
how I wished that she remembered.


0 comments:

Post a Comment