Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ronald's Birthday

This is a post on Ronald's birthday.
Its a late post.
Was caught up with so many things,
feels like the daily routine is unendless!
But with a whole new meaning.

Okay, so here goes.
I planned his birthday months before,
of course, with Vero's help as well.
I initially booked Pullman, the Taj Mahal room,
but it was fully booked on the day of his birthday.
So in the end, I thought of Tom's restaurant,
Ronald's favorite place to dine.
We've been there many times,
for the rib eye, oglio olio and redwine cheesecake.
Trust me when I say, you cannot find any steak better anywhere else in Kch,
except of course, Hilton Steakhouse.
We had Chateaubriand steak there for the 3rd celebration,
a dish would set you back at RM180 per person, but it was
worthed it!

So first celebration was with his family,
Rock Road seafood restaurant.
We had stuffed crabs,
ostrich meat,
pork curry with the lovely sweet buns,
butter prawns,
and a lot of other dishes,

I got him a cake,
with his fav Ducati superbike on it.





The second celebration was his surprise birthday
at Tom's.
I invited 22 guests,
made sure nobody bought the same presents,
and asked them to be there at 7pm sharp.
Fortunately, everyone was being such a good friend, no one was late.
The birthday boy however, doesn't know what's going on of course,
he was late, and looked forward for a simple meal
with only the two of us.
I booked the first floor, and decorated it nicely,
so when he walked up,
Ben popped the party popper and everyone shouted
happy birthday!
Without them, it would've never happened!


I prepared fresh oysters 2 hours before and brought it over to Tom's,
because its his favorite dish.


Salmon cheese canape and shitake mushroom canape.


That's Alan, Ronald's gym instructor.
Wine compliments from Grace and Kelvin,
Eaglehawk.


Alvin.


Cinthy and her adorable daughter, Charlene.





I also specially ordered Cheese Napoleon
and Double Chocolate Cake,
Tom's signature cakes as well.




Ronald's Nissan Fairlady 350z birthday cake.
Specially customized,
red velvet.



This is Julian, the photographer of the night.
Any pictures with him in it would be taken by Derek.


Whats a big boys birthday without some kick start?
Ben gave him a bottle of Swing!
And this man was honoured to drink on behalf of the birthday boy..
he barely knew the dangers awaiting him that night.


Group picture.


He was caked.
I told him I have 3 more surprises waiting for him.
He couldn't wait.
Lol.
Of course the other 3 surprises were his 2 other presents I got him,
and his 3rd surprise birthday dinner the following night at Hilton Steakhouse.
Btw for presents, I got him his fav Zildjian drumsticks
for him to continue practicing his drum routine,
and a leather wallet.


The girls and I.



After dinner,
we headed to Senso.
Unfortunately,
there was another 2 bottles of Smirnoff,
Singapore Swing cocktail shots,
and a flaming.
A string of funny events that night,
their mafia talk,
and Phillip's signature dance
to
'I love the way you lie'.
Everyone in Senso sang happy birthday 3 times to Ronald that night.
You should've seen his face.
Blushed as red as tomato.



The birthday boy and I.


This is a pretty short post, more photos on fb.
The 3rd celebration however, was private dining,
and I didn't get to snap any photos.
It was a blast overall, everyone had heck of a good time.
He deserved every bit of it for being such
a great man in my life.


Hope to spend more birthdays with you baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment